IAA Privacy Practices
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information about our customers is very important to IAA. Accordingly, we strive to comply with each of the following practices in everything we do:
- We do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise disclose the personal information of our customers. The personal information of our customers is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, we provide this information only to our employees, agents and third parties as required and allowed by law to assist them in helping us develop and administer our employee benefit products and services.
- We work to ensure information integrity and security. We use technology tools and design our business practices to help ensure that the personal information of our customers is properly gathered, stored and processed. We also work to maintain the security of, and internal and external access to, the personal information of our customers through the use of technology and our business practices.
- We expect our employees, agents and third parties to respect the personal information of our customers. Because we value the integrity of our customer relationships, we want to assure you that we are properly safeguarding this important information. Any employees, agents and third parties who violate our policies are subject to censure, dismissal or termination.
The Type Of Information We Collect
We need accurate, current information about you so that we can provide products and services to meet your needs. We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources: information we receive from you on applications or other forms and information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others including, for example, your claims submissions.
Information We Disclose
We may disclose the following kinds of personal information about you:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as, but not limited to, your name, address, social security number, names of beneficiaries, employer, previous insurance coverage or other health insurance coverage
- information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as, but not limited to, your policy coverage or claims history
Parties To Whom We May Disclose Non-public Personal Information
We may disclose non-public personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- financial service providers, such as, but not limited to, insurance agents or life insurers
- non-financial companies, such as, but not limited to, marketing companies
- other entities, such as, but not limited to, reinsurance carriers
We also may disclose non-public personal information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Confidentiality And Security Of Your Non-public Personal Information
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees, agents and third parties that need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.